According to Batista he "lost everything" and "starved for three years" after "going broke" when he decided not to re-sign with WWE in 2010, instead opting to make a "go" of a career in Hollywood.
"I was with WWE at the time and I went and did a film," Batista said during his spotlight panel Q&A at the Denver Pop Culture Con event. "I had zero interest in acting, all I wanted to do was wrestle. I loved wrestling, I was obsessed with wrestling, and I went and did a film as a favor for a friend and I realized I was horrible. I was a horrendous actor. I was so mortified that I wanted to prove I could be better, and the company [WWE], they wouldn't let me do anything outside of the company."
The WWE veteran then decided to leave the company, and the pro wrestling world as a whole, to pursue his acting career on a full-time basis.
"I starved for three years," Batista said. "I went broke. I lost everything. I couldn't get a job and I said that I will never go back to wrestling until I prove what I set out to prove, and that was that I can make it as an actor. Then I got the role on Guardians [of the Galaxy]. When I got the role, I finished the film and the first call I made after I wrapped was to Vince McMahon," said Batista. "I said, 'Hey man, I'd really like to come back and wrestle for a little bit.'"
FOLLOW US ON YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA. WE ARE ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
LATEST NEWS




