The WWE Superstar explained to her fans why her character changed so suddenly.
"To the fans, my character changed suddenly," Shirai told "The Hindustan Times". "But I took a long time to think about it and it was a gradual process for me."
Shirai continued, "When I came to WWE, I wanted to try out something different. They already had Asuka and Kairi (Sane). So, I wanted to show something new. I wanted to show a new side of Japanese woman wrestlers.
"I have mainly been a baby face in my career but I wanted to make a big change."
Shirai also explained how the heel turn has given her more confidence as a performer.
"This has given me more confidence," Shirai said. "The heel turn has added a lot of new things to my character and that has certainly boosted my confidence. I came with a different role but this change has been a boost for me."
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE:
LATEST NEWS
